Saturday, February 9, 2013 - 8:00am
At this training SSSF will:
- Develop real time scenarios, teach skills and practice role plays that demonstrate how and what to do to inform colleagues and stakeholders about laws and policy and procedures for LGBTQ youth support and safety.
- Invite attendees to interact with a panel of LGBT youth who will tell their stories and share their perspectives via their personal lens about what adults can do to create safer school communities for LGBTQ youth, as well as youth of varying marginalized itentities.
- Identify resources in the community and the most contemporary articles and materials to assist helping professionals with ensuring LGBTQ youth safety, support and resiliency.
- Teach more awareness about federal, state and local laws, policies and guidelines that protect and support the needs and resiliency of LGBTQ youth, and the adult role in its implementation.
- Develop real time scenarios, teach skills and practice role plays, demonstrate intervening in challenging situations, anti-gay harassment and bullying from a "360" perspective, including administrative, support staff and educator lenses of action.
Safe Schools South Florida
Coral Gables Congregational Church
3010 De Soto Blvd.Coral Gables, FL 33134